Friday 23 January 2015

Music Production -

When I first started working on the music for out Opening title sequence, I wanted it to be a smooth jazz track. I wanted it to include up-beat and major elements that would cause juxtaposition with the dark, foreboding atmosphere created by the actual video shots.










I first found a jazz bass loop on GarageBand that I liked and worked researched the key and tempo of the loop.

I then composed a short three note riff on the piano to compliment and develop the bass line. I did this by identifying the bass line's key and experimenting/improvising tunes in that scale whilst I listened to the bass.

Then I recorded a repeated piano chord that complimented the previous melody.




Lastly, I added a jazz drum loop sourced from GarageBand to reinforce the rhythm of the track and cement the jazz theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment