Wednesday 27 August 2014

3. The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)

I grew up loving Tim Burton movies and their gothic appeal, so when I saw 'The Nightmare Before Christmas' I couldn't help but the love it. The dark stop-motion animation was stunning and also had an independent female lead (Sally) that in some ways helped to save the main character (Jack Skellington) from the repercussions of his decisions. The songs were beautifully composed and helped introduce me to some of my favourite musical genres. The fantasy plot-line told the story of the 'Pumpkin' king of Halloween town having existential crisis that resulted in the kidnap of Santa and near ruining of christmas. The film showed me that even clever and powerful people make mistakes and I still watch it every christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment