Wednesday 27 August 2014

2. Alice in Wonderland (1951)

I first watched this film when very young and adored it. The wacky characters and beautiful Technicolor animation was hypnotising and enthralled me. Since then, I read the book and watched many of the other adaptations, but watching the Disney classic still gives me this huge sense of nostalgia and happiness. Alice was one of the first female leads in a movie that I related to, there was nothing special about her, she was just normal girl thrown into this weird world where up was down and down was up. She didn't chose to go on those adventures, she was just pulled into it but she kept going and he rational thinking and quick wits made her independent and strong, unlike all the the other 'heroines' Disney had to offer.


No comments:

Post a Comment